You may have questions about your claim – especially if you've never made one before.

If there's anything you want to know about how we will progress your claim, you might find the answer here in our frequently asked questions (FAQs).

But if you have any other questions about how we can help you, just give us a call. We'll be happy to have a chat for free and with no obligation.

How do I know I have a claim?

If you think you have a compensation claim, just get in touch. Our legal experts will help you work out whether you do have a claim.

When we agree that you have a claim, we’ll usually take your case on as part of a No Win No Fee agreement.

How long do I have to make a claim?

In most cases of personal injury, you have three years from the date of your accident to make a compensation claim.

It’s always advisable to start your claim as soon as possible so you don’t miss the deadline. It can also be easier to get hold of evidence sooner rather than later.

How long does a claim take?

All claims are different. If your claim is straightforward, we could reach a conclusion in just a couple of months. But if your claim is more complex, such as those involving multiple injuries, this could take longer.

We will keep you up to date during your claim via weekly SMS updates and through our convenient online tool called Touchpoint. All you have to do is login to see where things stand.

How much compensation will I receive?

The compensation you’re awarded for a successful claim will depend on your specific injury, the severity of the injury and how long it takes for you to recover. Any financial losses you have suffered will also be considered. More severe and long-lasting injuries will generally receive more compensation to help you recover.

For example, the loss of or damage to a back tooth could see compensation between £1,020 and £1,600 awarded. Meanwhile, the loss of or serious damage to several of your front teeth could see you receive between £8,200 and £10,710.

Who will pay my compensation?

In most cases, your compensation will be paid by an insurer, but sent directly to First4InjuryClaims. Once payment is received, we will apply your contribution to our charges of 35% plus VAT and issue you with the net compensation amount, preferably via BACS.

In the case of road traffic accidents, for example, this will be the insurer of the motorist who caused your accident. If the driver was uninsured, it is still possible to make a claim but it becomes more complicated and it will take usually longer. These claims are made through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, which can also provide compensation for victims of hit and run accidents.

What is a No Win No Fee agreement?

A No Win No Fee agreement is a kind of conditional fee agreement. This means that you only pay a legal fee in certain conditions – which is usually a successful claim.

With No Win No Fee, you won’t pay a fee if your claim is not successful. You also don’t have anything to pay upfront.

How much will you charge if I’m successful?

We only receive payment of our fees if you win your claim. This will be no more than 35% of your final compensation amount plus VAT and any insurance premium.

We’ll always make sure you know just what the costs are at the beginning of the process so there won’t be any surprises.

Do I have to have a medical?

Yes, we will need you to have a medical to form part of the evidence for your claim. This helps us understand just how badly you’ve been injured, so we can then make sure you get the appropriate level of compensation.

It will usually be possible to be examined by a local medical professional, so you won’t have to travel far.

Should I report my accident to the police?

In most cases of a road traffic accident causing damage or injury, you should report it to the police within 24 hours.

A police report can be used as evidence in a compensation claim, so informing the police about your accident can be helpful.

Will I have to go to court?

There is a very small chance that you’ll have to go to court for a compensation claim. The vast majority of claims are settled out of court.

But if your case does end up in court, we will guide and support you through the process. You won’t have to go through it alone.

What is split liability?

Split liability is when you share responsibility for your accident. For example, you could be found to be 20% responsible for your accident, while someone else was 80% responsible.

In this case, you can still make a claim, but your compensation will be reduced by 20% to account for your part in the accident.

Can I claim on behalf of a child?

Yes, you can make a claim on behalf of a child who has been injured in an accident. The usual three-year deadline does not apply for children.

You’ll be able to make a claim at any point until they turn 18. From that date, they’ll then have three years to begin their own claim.

Do I have to provide evidence?

Evidence helps to make your claim as strong as possible. We will present your evidence to the other side to prove that their negligence caused your injury.

You can submit evidence like medical and police reports, photographs of the accident scene and your injury, CCTV and dashcam footage and witness statements.